Welcome to the ubermix wiki!
Calling all ubermix users/fans! Community is the most important part of ubermix, and we're counting on you to help us build great documentation, and to share awesome how-to's, ideas, plans, and processes.
Please note: we do require that you set up an account to create/edit pages.
Table of Contents
- CD Install (ie install on a system that won't boot from USB)
- Using an External Display (like a projector)
- iTalc (classroom management) setup
- IPads, AppleTVs, and Ubermix Remote Control
- Making copies of the USB key
- Setting devices to Auto-Reset
- Using the Auto Update Script
- Customizing the Launcher
- ubermix Parental Controls
- Alternate Environments
- Enable Hibernate and perhaps disable suspend
Tips & Tricks
- Disable Maximus automatic maximizing of windows (for larger screens)
Practical Deployment Considerations
- Laptop Cart Timers - Extend the life of your batteries
- Increase User Space
- Useful Indicators
- Network Deployment
- Static IPs
- Change Default Host Names
- Remote Reset
- Add Printers Via Network Script
- Change default Workgroup (for accessing network folders)
- Remove "Show Password" from wireless security
- Sync User Home on a single device without updating an install key
- Adding Ubermix to Active Directory using CentrifyDN
- Adding Intel Atom N2x00 (Cedar Trail) compatibility to an existing ubermix image
Troubleshooting & Device Specific Configuration
- Acer TravelMate B115
- ubermix on Chromebooks
- ubermix on Apple Mac hardware
- Acer Travelmate X483 touchpad and brightness controls
- Brightness controls don't work or behave erratically
- Dell D600 and other Latitude D-Series issues with graphics and Broadcom wireless drivers.
- AMD Video Acceleration
- WEP Encryption - problems connecting to WEP-protected wireless networks
- How to determine exactly what network cards you have
- Older Broadcom wireless cards
Older pages that probably no longer apply
- Ralink RT3562 wireless cards found in HP Mini 1104, dm1z, 3115M, and other similar devices.
- Dell XPS notebooks/ultrabooks and similar with Cypress touchpads
- Cedar Trail Devices like the Asus EeePC 1025c/1011cx, HP Mini 1104, Acer D270, Gateway LT40
- Dell Inspiron Duo
- Headphone/Microphone combo port not working on Asus EeePC 1001PX and similar.
- Microphone not working on devices with Intel "HD" audio, like the Asus EeePC 1025C, Asus EeePC 1011cx, and others.
- Microphone not working on EeePC 100x, Acer AspireOne D250, and similar (older) netbook models
- Input Output Error during install (first witnessed on Asus EeePC 1011px)
- Devices with Clickpads (buttonless touchpads) like the HP Mini 210, first-generation dm1z, and 3105m
- Realtek 2860 Wireless in Older EeePC 900x (and perhaps others) with version 0.9x+
- Lenovo S10-3 fails to suspend/resume
- Booting off of the install key hangs with a flashing cursor on Acer AspireOne D250, HP Mini 311, and perhaps other models
- Toshiba mini NB300 doesn't wake from suspend
- About the default simple updates files on the key